Prayer to Receive the Spiritual Gifts of The Holy Spirit
Heavenly Father, I come before You, recognizing Your infinite love and grace. You are the source of all goodness and the giver of every perfect gift. I beseech You today to activate within me the gifts of the Holy Spirit that I may bear witness to Your love and bring glory to Your name. Use me as a vessel of Your grace to bring light to the darkness and proclaim Your Gospel to the nations.
I ask for the gift of wisdom, that I may discern Your will in all circumstances. Enable me to grasp the mysteries of faith and share them with others, that they too may come to know You.
I ask for the gift of faith so that I may believe in the impossible and witness Your miraculous power at work.. Help me to fully trust in Your promises, even when I face trials and difficulties.
I ask for the gift of healing, that through me, You may bring comfort and complete restoration to those who are suffering. Use me as an instrument of Your compassion and mercy, that others may experience Your love and power in their afflictions.
I ask for the gift of prophecy, that I may discern Your voice and share Your messages with courage and humility. May your words bring encouragement, conviction, and transformation to those who hear them.
I ask for the gift of tongues, that I may pray and worship You in the spirit. Help me to yield myself to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and pray according to Your perfect will.
Lastly, I ask for the gift of discernment, that I may recognize the movement of Your Spirit in my life and distinguish between truth and deception. Grant me the ability to make wise choices guided by Your truth.
I pray all this in the mighty and precious name of Jesus. Amen.
Director of Pastoral Work
Other articles on evangelization and parish revitalization:
- The Language of the Cross is the Language of Evangelization
- Key Factors for Parish Growth According to Rich Birch
- How to defeat Satan?
- Bringing Love, Hope and Healing Through the Gospel
- Love: Our Fundamental Vocation
- Touched by the Master
- A Man, a Dog, and the Ultimate Love
- The essence of evangelization: Loving God and our neighbours
- Loving Our Enemies and Reconciling with Others
- A Powerful Prayer for Healing: You Are The LORD Who Heals Me
- Living a Life of Love: Mother Teresa’s Legacy
- Living a Life of Love: Lessons from the New Testament
- In The Shadows Of Darkness, A Powerful Force Is At Work
- 19 Pastoral Orientations for Parish Renewal and Growth
- The Missionary Renewal of Catechesis
- Characteristics of missionary parishes
- Powerful healing prayer attributed to St. Padre Pio
- We are called to share our faith with others
- Should we seek to grow the Church?
- Find a Need and Fill It – Revealing God’s Heart in the Community
- 15 Habits to Evangelize on a Daily Basis
- The Church’s Mission
- Three Barriers to Building An Invitational Culture In Your Parish
- The Relational Evangelizer
- Doing Church at Home
- The Blind Girl
- A Group of Frogs
- The Elephant Rope
- A Shared Faith is a Growing Faith
- In The Shoes Of The Unchurched
- Parish Evangelizing Cells
- Six Unique Features of Missional Parishes
- Steps Towards Becoming A Missional Parish
- What Is Evangelization, And How Should It Be Carried Out?
- Discussion And Self-Assessment Questions For Parish Evangelization
- A Missional Church Is A Church That Prays
- The Jesus Prayer: A Method To Pray At All Times
- What can help children raised Catholic continue practicing the faith as adults?
- An Example of a Missionary Parish: Phoenix First Assembly of God
- Satan’s Tactics
- Learning to Be a Missionary
- When we cry out to God, he answers
- Presence and Proclamation
- Saving those who are lost
- Saint-Nazaire Parish: The story of a missionary transformation
- Small Groups and Evangelization
- Evangelizing By Inviting People To Receive Jesus As Lord And Saviour
- You Will Receive Power…
- Have You Heard About the Law of Three Hearings and Seven Touches?
- Three Habits of a Fruitful Christian Life