The word of God tells us that as workers and friends of God, we should help people taste the goodness of the Lord through our life (Psalm 34:8), and be prepared to give an answer, with gentleness and respect, to everyone who asks us to give the reason for the peace and hope that we have (1 Peter 3:15-16). “Come, follow Me,” Jesus says, “and I will make you fishers of men.” (Matthew 4:19-20)
Yes, one of the best things we can do for someone is to share the Good News with them. Faith is the most important gift we have been given in life. But we are often hesitant to talk about it. Some of us fear not being able to answer the questions asked and convince ourselves we need to learn more before evangelizing. “If I could just learn more, I’d be better at talking about my faith and defending it.” The truth is that we will likely never have all the answers because every discussion is unique and raises new questions.
And that’s okay. Talking about God and his love for humanity gives us opportunities to encounter questions we’ll need to clarify for ourselves. That is how our faith grows! As we share our Hope, we listen compassionately and step back to seek answers to questions asked. Even educators themselves learn as they teach: the more we share our faith, the more our faith grows!
So let’s not our lack of knowledge stop us from proclaiming salvation in the name of Jesus. People will not know Christ if we do not talk about Him. A few simple acts of love and inspired words are all God needs to touch someone’s heart forever.
- In The Shoes Of The Unchurched
- Parish Evangelizing Cells
- Six Unique Features of Missional Parishes
- Steps Towards Becoming A Missional Parish
- What Is Evangelization, And How Should It Be Carried Out?
- Discussion And Self-Assessment Questions For Parish Evangelization
- A Missional Church Is A Church That Prays
- The Jesus Prayer: A Method To Pray At All Times
- What can help children raised Catholic continue practicing the faith as adults?
- An Example of a Missionary Parish: Phoenix First Assembly of God
- Satan’s Tactics
- Learning to Be a Missionary
- When we cry out to God, he answers
- Presence and Proclamation
- Saving those who are lost
- Saint-Nazaire Parish: The story of a missionary transformation
- Small Groups and Evangelization
- Evangelizing By Inviting People To Receive Jesus As Lord And Saviour
- You Will Receive Power…
- Have You Heard About the Law of Three Hearings and Seven Touches?
- Three Habits of a Fruitful Christian Life