One of the challenges we may face when we want to evangelize is to realize that we know few non-Christian. Thus, it is necessary to start engaging with people who are not Catholics. Jesus asks us to go all over the world to make disciples (Matthew 28,19). For us, our world is simply our neighborhood. It is there that we can accomplish our mission. It is there that God’s heart can be revealed.
To start, we should think about those around us and their needs. Meeting those needs will communicate God’s love to them. “Find a need and fill it” is an adage found in missionary churches. There are many needs to be found. Loneliness surrounds us, and some people need companionship. Some people are sick and would be touched if someone offered to pray for them. Students might need help with math. Immigrants may need assistance learning English, etc.
Evangelizing is therefore as simple as looking for people to help and lovingly responding to their needs. Through service, relationships are built and opportunities to discuss faith arise.
Evangelizing means loving, serving, and bringing people to Christ (some say “loving people to Christ”). Love is what makes us missionaries, and we can best accomplish this through our actions and invitations to turn to God. It is above all our love for others that will entice them to become Christians.
- What is a Missionary Parish?
- 19 Pastoral Orientations for Parish Renewal and Growth
- The Missionary Renewal of Catechesis
- Characteristics of Missionary Parishes
- Powerful healing prayer attributed to St. Padre Pio
- We are called to share our faith with others
- Should we Seek to Grow the Church?
- Find a Need and Fill It – Revealing God’s Heart in the Community
- 15 Habits to Evangelize on a Daily Basis
- The Church’s Mission
- Three Barriers to Building An Invitational Culture In Your Parish
- The Relational Evangelizer
- Doing Church at Home
- The Blind Girl
- A Group of Frogs
- The Elephant Rope
- A Shared Faith is a Growing Faith
- In The Shoes Of The Unchurched
- Parish Evangelizing Cells
- Six Unique Features of Missional Parishes
- Steps Towards Becoming A Missional Parish
- What Is Evangelization, And How Should It Be Carried Out?
- Discussion And Self-Assessment Questions For Parish Evangelization
- A Missional Church Is A Church That Prays
- The Jesus Prayer: A Method To Pray At All Times
- What can help children raised Catholic continue practicing the faith as adults?
- An Example of a Missionary Parish: Phoenix First Assembly of God
- Satan’s Tactics
- Learning to Be a Missionary
- When we cry out to God, he answers
- Presence and Proclamation
- Saving those who are lost
- Saint-Nazaire Parish: The story of a missionary transformation
- Small Groups and Evangelization
- Evangelizing By Inviting People To Receive Jesus As Lord And Saviour
- You Will Receive Power…
- Have You Heard About the Law of Three Hearings and Seven Touches?
- Three Habits of a Fruitful Christian Life