The Church has always been clear about the importance of evangelization. In the Great Commission, Jesus tells his disciples to “go and make disciples of all nations.” (Matthew 28:19) This commission was not just for the first disciples, but for all Christians.
In order for the Church to fulfill its mission, evangelization must be its priority. It is how the Good News of Jesus Christ is spread throughout the world. It is how people come to know Christ and his saving love.
Evangelization is not just about winning converts. It is about sharing the Good News in a way that transforms lives. It is about helping people to experience healing, forgiveness and the joy of a personal relationship with Christ. It is about helping people to grow in their faith and to become the best version of themselves.
As Christians, we are called to share our faith with others. This is not always easy, but when we share our faith, we are giving others the opportunity to know Jesus Christ and enter the hope of eternal life. We are also helping to build up the body of Christ.
Sharing our faith can be done in many ways. We can share our testimony of how Jesus has changed our life. We can invite others to read the New Testament, to go to church or to a Bible study. We can simply be a good example to those around us.
It is important to remember that we are not responsible for whether or not someone else accepts Jesus Christ and follows him. We are only responsible for sharing the Gospel message through our lives. Let us be certain that the Holy Spirit will work in that person’s heart through our testimony.
Do not be afraid to proclaim the Good News of God’s love and salvation in Jesus Christ. Pray for guidance and wisdom. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you the words to say. And trust that God will use you to reach others for His glory and their salvation.
- What is a Missionary Parish?
- 19 Pastoral Orientations for Parish Renewal and Growth
- The Missionary Renewal of Catechesis
- Characteristics of Missionary Parishes
- Powerful healing prayer attributed to St. Padre Pio
- We are called to share our faith with others
- Should we Seek to Grow the Church?
- Find a Need and Fill It – Revealing God’s Heart in the Community
- 15 Habits to Evangelize on a Daily Basis
- The Church’s Mission
- Three Barriers to Building An Invitational Culture In Your Parish
- The Relational Evangelizer
- Doing Church at Home
- The Blind Girl
- A Group of Frogs
- The Elephant Rope
- A Shared Faith is a Growing Faith
- In The Shoes Of The Unchurched
- Parish Evangelizing Cells
- Six Unique Features of Missional Parishes
- Steps Towards Becoming A Missional Parish
- What Is Evangelization, And How Should It Be Carried Out?
- Discussion And Self-Assessment Questions For Parish Evangelization
- A Missional Church Is A Church That Prays
- The Jesus Prayer: A Method To Pray At All Times
- What can help children raised Catholic continue practicing the faith as adults?
- An Example of a Missionary Parish: Phoenix First Assembly of God
- Satan’s Tactics
- Learning to Be a Missionary
- When we cry out to God, he answers
- Presence and Proclamation
- Saving those who are lost
- Saint-Nazaire Parish: The story of a missionary transformation
- Small Groups and Evangelization
- Evangelizing By Inviting People To Receive Jesus As Lord And Saviour
- You Will Receive Power…
- Have You Heard About the Law of Three Hearings and Seven Touches?
- Three Habits of a Fruitful Christian Life